Car holidays in Northwest Russia!
If you are fond of travelling by your own vehicles we offer you a fascinating car holiday in Northwest Russia. Visit beautiful cities.
Saint Petersburg is also called "The Venice of the North". Visit the country side in Karelia and on the Kola Peninsula.
Meet the cultures of the Pomor fishermen on the White Sea coast or the Saami in Russian Lapland.
Discover the difference between Scandinavia and the Russian North. Here you will not find everywhere nice red
houses with saunas beside the rivers and lakes. Here the people live in cities and between the cities you will
find nature; pure nature how it always was. On the Kola Peninsula every city has something special and we have
prepared for you beautiful routes and have made reservations for your overnights.
There are a lot of gasoline stations here with the good quality fuel.
It's not only holiday here but also fun: Fuel prices are twice cheeper compared with Europe!
Car holiday highlights
Visit the true treasures of Northwest Russia, like:
- Saint Petersburg: Venice of the North!
- Sortavala: Valaam Monastery
- Petrozavodsk: Kinerma village
- Petrozavodsk: Kizhi
- Petrozavodsk: Ship museum
- Belomorsk: Petroglyphs (rock carving from 6000y. B.C.)
- Kem: Solovetsky Islands
- Kandalaksha: Stone labyrinth from 2000y. B.C.
- Kirovsk: Botanical garden
- Lovozero: Saami settlement and husky farm
- Murmansk: Hero city with many memorials and museums
- Murmansk: Worlds first nuclear icebreaker "Lenin"
Our service includes:
- Visa support.
- Information how to cross the Russian border.
- Information what documents and insurance are required for your trip.
- Information how to travel with pets.
- Hotel reservations.
- Detailed roadbooks with photo explanations and GPS coordinates.
- City maps indicating places of interests.
- Recommendations: what to see, what to do, where to stay, where to eat and where to relax.
- Information on prices of local excursions and food/meals.
- Excursion reservations.
- Car insurance (if your insurance doesn't cover the Russian Federation.
- Possibility to use Kola Travel’s Stand-by and Support Desk.
Discover Russian North with our invisible support. Travel individually, but not alone!
Car / motorcyclists and camper holidays overview